Thursday, July 16, 2009

Amazon Kindle 2

The kindle 2 has revolutionized eBook reading, it is one third of an inch, almost paper thin. It also has 3g compatibilities, and weights a lightweight 10.2 ounces. It holds about 1500 books, but you still have to buy the books, since there is so many variability, I will make a pro and con list.

Kindle 2 Pro

The Pro’s in kindle 2 is that it lightweight

It environment friendly, doesn’t use paper.

Clean interference

Long battery life, I tested it on my friend’s house.

Cool feature, that reads to you

You can get New York Times on the Kindle 2

Everyone has a personal kindle email. Cool

Built in dictionary

Access to Wikipedia.org

Kindle 2 cons

It is expensive, $300 for a gadget that can perform only one function.

It is the price, of an I-phone, if I had to choose I’d rather buy an I-Phone because there is an app on the I-phone that enables you to read eBooks.

No direct .pdf support

The price of buying the eBook file is a bit discounted from the actual book!

That about it, I like to keep my article simple, but effective and from the looks the pro’s seem to outweigh the cons

PERFORMANCE Performance wise the kindle 2 is faster than the first kindle, the pages turn faster and it’s the FEEL that is seems faster, for more accurate result are benchmarks

PORTABALITY The portability for the kindle 2 is great, it weighs 10.2 ounces and it can hold 1500 books with-in it. If each book weighs 7oz and it can hold 1500 books, which would be 659 pounds of books! This is the ++

PRICE The price is the real killer, you can get the I-Phone for the price of the kindle 2, the I-phone has way more compatibility. Yet the I-phone can perform the same function as the kindle 2.

RELIABILITY I feel that it kind of flimsy, the material used in the kindle 2. I have a feeling that it has good quality, as long as you don’t step on it, J





No comments:

Post a Comment